Regulatory Working Group
The Regulatory Working Group (RWG) has been set up to oversee the environmental performance of events at Parklands during the trial period. Members include the NSW Police, Byron Shire Council, Roads and Maritime Services, Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Services, Office of Environment and Heritage and National Parks and Wildlife Services. Three community representatives also sit on the RWG and are nominated through an expression of interest process managed by Byron Shire Council.
The objective of the RWG is to oversee the environmental performance and community relations for events held at Parklands covering the following defined aspects:
- the habitat restoration program;
- the Marshalls Ridge wildlife corridor;
- impacts on threatened species and endangered ecological communities;
- monitoring protocols for preconstruction ecological surveying;
- illegal camping;
- provision of security services;
- event traffic and car parking;
- bushfires; and
- evacuation procedures.
The RWG also reviews any community concerns or complaints with respect to environmental management and community relations. There are agreed Terms of Reference to guide members of the RWG. They can be found by clicking here.
The RWG generally meets prior to an event and the minutes of all RWG meetings are made available to the general public.
- The minutes from August 16-2017 meeting here
- The minutes from April 07-2017 meeting here
- The minutes from September 28 -2016 meeting here
- The minutes from May 04-2016 meeting here
- The minutes from November 04-2015 meeting here
- The minutes from April 01-2015 meeting here
- The minutes from September 24-2014 meeting here
- The minutes from May 07-2014 meeting here
- The minutes from March 25-2014 meeting here
- The minutes from October 16-2013 meeting here
- The minutes from August 26-2013 meeting here
- The minutes from May 01-2013 meeting here
- The minutes from February 27-2013 meeting here
The RWG Community Representatives for 2017 / 2018:
Ms Laurel Cohn.
Mr Ray Darney.
Mr Derek Harper.
If you would like to make contact with the Community Representatives who sit on the Parklands Regulatory Working Group to raise any concerns, issues or suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Parklands directly at email@example.com